good eats: the (original) hotcake house


SE 9th & Powell in Portland. It's kind of my spirit animal.


I ALWAYS get the hashbrowns; their hashbrowns are so good I don't eat them anywhere else. Always crispy and hot, the potatoes aren't too mushy, and they fry them with BUTTER. They ain't shy about the butter. I just got the plain ones 'cause I've been running a little short on dough. Their bacon is always good too; thick cut and cooked to a crisp, but never burned.



They're open 24 hours, and for some reason or another we always end up there at like 4:30 in the afternoon, when it's completely empty but the BEST chef is working. (She has short hair, is a bit older, looks crabby when she's cooking but always smiles when she's talking.)


Max comes with me (it's our spot) and we play seafood. COOL MATURE VOTING/DRINKING AGE ADULTS.

-hannah

This entry was posted in ,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

leave a note

Hannah O'Sullivan 2011. Powered by Blogger.